Are you staying home and looking for something to keep you entertained??
How about cooking this delicious Lemon Posset dish which is a favourite from the Ferguson Valley cook book?
300ml Whipping Cream
Juice (50ml) and zest (2 tablespoons for a more lemony flavour of 2 lemons
60gms of castor sugar (75gms for sweeter dessert)
1) Pour whipping cream into a medium sized saucepan
2) Add the castor sugar and lemon zest. Stir until sugar dissolves slightly and leave for an hour to infuse.
3) Slowly heat the sugared cream up to a rolling boil for ONLY 2 minutes. NB: If you boil it for too long it changes the setting of the possett. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature (about 45mins).
4) Add 50ml of lemon juice. Stir this in well.
5) Seive into individual glasses or small bowl and place in the fridge for 3-4hrs min for serving later. Serve with a small dollop of thickened cream and a dash of lemon zest. Lasts for 2-3 days before it should be eaten.
It’s a delicious palette cleanser.